- A Distilled Ethanol company contacted Kellerman Consulting due to their customer’s request for them to become BRCGS certified. The Distilled Ethanol company was already ISO 9001: 2015 certified and they wanted to keep as many existing processes and procedures as possible.
- A BRCGS program was customized by Kellerman Consulting to fit with the existing ISO 9001:2015 program.
- The Distilled Ethanol company was able to maintain their ISO 9001 certification and gain BRCGS certification.
With the support of Kellerman Consulting, a Distilled Ethanol company gained BRCGS certification and maintained their existing ISO 9001 certification. After the company’s initial BRCGS certification was successfully achieved, the company chose to continue working with Kellerman Consulting through a support services contract to help them maintain implementation of the food safety and quality programs and keep the programs up-to-date on an ongoing basis.
Intake Process and ISO 9001 and BRC Gap Assessment
- Gap Assessment and BRC Food Safety Management System documentation writing was completed within 6 weeks.
- An initial on-site visit was used to identify areas of improvement and clarify BRCGS and ISO 9001 requirements that would need to be implemented in the facility prior to certification.
- Documents designed to meet BRCGS and ISO 9001:2015 standard requirements.
- Documents were further customized to the client’s operation during implementation calls leading up to the audits.
An additional onsite visit was conducted during the coaching, training, and implementation phase to:
- Verify the BRC Food Safety Management System has been integrated into the Distilled Ethanol company’s system
- Provide customized training and coaching on the BRC Food Safety Management System
- Work with the Distilled Ethanol company to complete their BRC internal audit
- Provide coaching for the Distilled Ethanol company to pass their BRC certification audit on the first try
- Findings from the BRCGS Internal Audit helped guide final efforts to prepare for the audit and close identified gaps in the program.
- During the BRCGS audit, our consultant was available to offer support but the team at the Distilled Ethanol company was fully prepared and passed the audit successfully on the first try.